Notifications
Clear all

What treatment type is best for my scars?

MemberMember
(@nicolettecb5)

Posted : 02/22/2018 2:56 pm

I took accutane awhile back and am off it now. I™m just curious from pictures if anyone can tell me what would be a good treatment reccomondation for me? 

My scars are shallow (at least in my perspective) and I would think they are in the boxcar classification but maybe I™m incorrect.

Also I do have smaller/iceprick-ish indentations on my face but my brother also has them and I believe they are genetic since my brother has incredibly good skin. I™m more concerned of the bigger/shadow indentations on the center of my cheeks/closer to the ears.

9B341953-EB11-4879-8936-0F56AF6466D8.jpeg

B42E19F0-2FAB-4776-B46E-23EE6887518B.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:33 pm

1 hour ago, Nicolettecb5 said:

Im just curious from pictures if anyone can tell me what would be a good treatment reccomondation for me?

Your pictures are too fuzzy but your scars do in fact look too shallow for anything aggressive like subcision or infini. You'll more likely benefit from TCA peel (boxcar/rolling) and TCA cross (icepick), coupled with ablative erbium laser (surface irregularity).

MemberMember
(@nicolettecb5)

Posted : 02/25/2018 3:25 pm

On 2/22/2018 at 2:33 PM, Sirius Lee said:
Your pictures are too fuzzy but your scars do in fact look too shallow for anything aggressive like subcision or infini. You'll more likely benefit from TCA peel (boxcar/rolling) and TCA cross (icepick), coupled with ablative erbium laser (surface irregularity).

Thank you! Actually, I took a slightly better picture today that hopefully gives a clearer idea of what I™m dealing with

CA9FBB6F-A45A-443A-A3BA-C42AA857A5AC.jpeg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/25/2018 4:56 pm

Ice pick,scarred pores and very shallow rolling scars.personaly,from experience i would just tca peel and microneedle.someone might be able to do the booseter injections but its suoerficial and used to just plump out the rolls but the ice picks are spread over large area of cheek so needling might encourage some collagen growth in your rolling but wont do anything fir your ice picks,so tca peeling will slowly help with the ice pick and scarred pores.

the ice picks are not deep which is good,maybe a few could be tca crossed but they are tiny but numerous.

so needling (not roller) then say wait a couple month,then tca peel and wait a couple of month and alternate.

i wouldnt suggest laser as i have no experience and read horror storys with regards to it.

read the faq i am linking,read up about needling and tca peeling and follow the guide lines.

[Media removed]

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 02/28/2018 7:39 pm

It looks mostly like scarred pores to me from my research. I'm told TCA cross is best for treating this type of scar.