Notifications
Clear all

My Journey with Dr. Weiner

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/28/2020 12:24 pm

weird. Never heard of that. I wouldn™t be able to do 3 months anyway. 

My husband and I will be moving out of the area by then! Guess we™ll see :) 

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 06/02/2020 1:55 pm

Haven™t had much to post! I™m wearing makeup in these photos but I™m still feeling pretty good. 

redness is still there but swelling is gone thankfully. 

C5E03695-11C5-4E91-9D66-B38F526064A1.jpeg

9BB7D959-54C1-4D42-8AFB-8F70B726163D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 06/02/2020 5:16 pm

Thanks, keep us update please.

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 06/11/2020 11:06 am

Not sure how I feel. Not sure if I notice differences still. I know collagen takes time so this isn™t the end result but definitely feeling discouraged. 

3 weeks post procedure. 

DB0EC2A5-B6A7-45C7-BE67-5F039DC5206A.jpeg

EA622ABF-AF09-42B1-A8F5-74B19074FCE2.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/11/2020 2:12 pm

The scars often appear worse before getting better. It takes approximately 3 months for the collagen to run its full cycle, so I would wait 3 months before jumping to any conclusion. This is also why you should not repeat another treatment within 3 months.

Hilalela, hsd87 and Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 06/11/2020 3:21 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

The scars often appear worse before getting better. It takes approximately 3 months for the collagen to run its full cycle, so I would wait 3 months before jumping to any conclusion. This is also why you should not repeat another treatment within 3 months.

I probably wont be in the country by then. Ill be moving to korea so it is what it is.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 06/11/2020 4:00 pm

I looked so much worse for the first couple months after Genius RF. It was difficult to say the least.

My results didn't start until 3 months in and didn't "end" as in no more visible changes until 9 months after the first procedure. RF microneedling is a long haul procedure, it will never yield immediate results like other procedures. I never got subcision or fillers so that's not something I can speak on. You're counting on your body to do the work with RF, so don't stress, keep your diet well, use a retinol to boost your production and keep faith.

I did mine every 6-8 weeks. I know 12 weeks might be ideal but I couldn't wait that long given restrictions in the timeframe I needed to take off work. If timeframe is a restriction I would just proceed forward. I know here on the board we think stacking treatments too close isn't the proper way to allow for the greatest collagen production. I mentioned that concern to my plastic surgeon and he simply disagreed. He believes, in a much more eloquent manner, that hitting your skin with another round while the last is still healing actually increases production. He wasn't in a rush so it has nothing to do with some petty surgeon trying to squeeze you faster. He actually sent me away for weeks when I first showed up to just work on my skincare before starting anything. I don't know, all I know is he knows and I got results. I would just stick to you doctor's orders and extend it to 7/8 weeks if possible to find a balance between the two theories.

When they did that study on standard microneedling and tca peels they were doing procedures every two weeks and getting results. I know we're talking energy devices so it's different but there is something to the theory of proceeding forward even when the skin is healing. I don't think every 6-8 weeks will hinder results to a great degree.

Edit: I don't know about every 4 weeks though. That does seem like too short a window. I would wait 6 at a minimum.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/11/2020 4:13 pm

49 minutes ago, Kristineellen said:

I probably wont be in the country by then. Ill be moving to korea so it is what it is.

Well, did you know Lutronics, the maker of Genius, is a Korean firm? Even TCA cross that we're all so fond of was pioneered by a Korean doctor. By all account, Korea is ahead of the US when it comes to scar revision so I don't understand your point.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 06/11/2020 4:17 pm

4 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Well, did you know Lutronics, the maker of Genius, is a Korean firm? Even TCA cross that we're all so fond of was pioneered by a Korean doctor. By all account, Korea is ahead of the US when it comes to scar revision so I don't understand your point.

I read TCA cross paper , but never knew lutronic was korean , damn korea is so so advance. One of my friend visits korea every 3 month for his compnay trips , it seems time to change the compnay.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/11/2020 4:29 pm

18 minutes ago, Kay24 said:

I did mine every 6-8 weeks. I know 12 weeks might be ideal but I couldn't wait that long given restrictions in the timeframe I needed to take off work. If timeframe is a restriction I would just proceed forward. I know here on the board we think stacking treatments too close isn't the proper way to allow for the greatest collagen production. I mentioned that concern to my plastic surgeon and he simply disagreed. He believes, in a much more eloquent manner, that hitting your skin with another round while the last is still healing actually increases production.

17 minutes ago, Kay24 said:

My results didn't start until 3 months in and didn't "end" as in no more visible changes until 9 months after the first procedure.

By your admission, you said you stacked your treatments every 6-8 weeks. With all due respect, with so frequent treatments, how would you know if your treatment showed improvements "until 9 months after the FIRST procedure"?My own experience tells me otherwise. What I got at the end of the 3 months is what stayed with me. In fact, it degraded a little after the third month.

IMO you really need to back off from ALL treatments for 6 monthsto really see the difference. As far as you plastic's comment about more collagen production from frequent treatments, that one's up for debate.

MemberMember
(@ecopublicistmail-com)

Posted : 06/11/2020 4:40 pm

@Sirius Lee so which treatments that were suggested do you think should have been done ( or could be done maybe that™s a better Question ) together ? 
sub and filler ?

cross and micro ? Etc 

also I wanted to see the results next to eachother I hope it™s ok that I made these ? If not of course delete. They aren™t in any order. Left or right I mean. Just put the photos next to eachother so it™s easier to compare.  I made the collage to encourage since I do see improvement ! So yay for that ! 

C8ACE67B-9574-4940-8133-193AF2ECCEAA.jpeg

F82140C8-9609-4B49-9C8D-3F0755CA2D57.jpeg

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 06/11/2020 4:42 pm

All I know is I looked wretched throughout the process because as soon as one visit's healing would progress I would be back for more. Whether or not I would have looked better 3 months after round 1 without tampering I will never know. That element of knowing how each individual session's progress 3 months post will always be an unknown.

I'm 9 months out from round 1 today and my skin is improved from pre-RF. That's what I know.

I had concerns about doing treatments every 6-8 weeks and the surgeon didn't. I went with his plan and I sit here 9 months later from session one with better skin. I wouldn't do it every 4 weeks though, as I was concerned even 6 was too little. I understand there may be benefits to waiting longer, but 6-8 is standard and my surgeon made his case on why it's beneficial.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/11/2020 5:15 pm

27 minutes ago, Kay24 said:

I'm 9 months out from round 1 today and my skin is improved from pre-RF. That's what I know.

Needless to say, it's not six months from the first treatment, but the most recent treatment.Has it been six months since you got your last treatment?

Anyway, it's always nice to hear about good results. All the power to you.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 06/11/2020 5:29 pm

Thanks. I just want to reassure op that it takes time more than anything else. I know there can be anxious excitement right after treatment and results won't be there until months down the line

My last treatment was in December so I'm going into the 6th month from the final session. I don't expect anymore progress from this set of treatments

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/11/2020 6:05 pm

1 hour ago, SharonBarnes said:

@Sirius Leeso which treatments that were suggested do you think should have been done ( or could be done maybe thats a better Question ) together ?
sub and filler ?

cross and micro ? Etc

also I wanted to see the results next to eachother I hope its ok that I made these ? If not of course delete. They arent in any order. Left or right I mean. Just put the photos next to eachother so its easier to compare.I made the collage to encourage since I do see improvement ! So yay for that !

I know you want to be done away with those scars but, as I mentioned earlier, it would bepremature to jump to conclusion so soon. Your collagen is still being made so let's see how it looks in 3 months time from your most recent treatment.

Before I share my opinion about treatments, I think it's worth going over how the scars change over time. With each treatment, the scars will change their form. They tend to get wider but shallower. Rarely do you see a deep scar disappear with one treatment. Depending on the size (width and depth) of the scar, an icepick scar will usually turn into a boxcar, anda boxcar scar will morph into a rolling scar.

That said, I don't think subcision is a good fit. Your scars were never that deep to begin with. Infini is definitely better than subcision, but does the hefty price tag outweigh the benefit? Not in my opinion. I've personally had 3 sessions of Infini and I'm not convinced that I got my money's worth.

If it were me, I would not be so concerned about filling the pit so much. Instead, I would focus all my attention in smoothing the edges. After all, that is what's accentuating the scar, eg. light bouncing off the scar walls. Just blurring it even a little will make your scar look much better. You can do this with TCA or Phenol. I basically apply 80-100% in the pit and 50% around the edges. But this could also be alternated between two session, one for cross and one or peel. Whatever works. Once the edges become smooth, all you need to do is add volume to the depressed area using dermal filler. I hopethat make sense

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 06/11/2020 8:35 pm

4 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Lol no, I did not... why would I know that? 

ill have to look into it based on my location when it gets confirmed. 

3 hours ago, SharonBarnes said:

@Sirius Lee so which treatments that were suggested do you think should have been done ( or could be done maybe that™s a better Question ) together ? 
sub and filler ?

cross and micro ? Etc 

also I wanted to see the results next to eachother I hope it™s ok that I made these ? If not of course delete. They aren™t in any order. Left or right I mean. Just put the photos next to eachother so it™s easier to compare.  I made the collage to encourage since I do see improvement ! So yay for that ! 

C8ACE67B-9574-4940-8133-193AF2ECCEAA.jpeg

F82140C8-9609-4B49-9C8D-3F0755CA2D57.jpeg

Of course it™s ok! 

my husband says he sees such a difference in person. He™s like wow I don™t even understand. And me? I™m like I don™t see a difference ! Lol but I think he has to say that hahahah!

3 hours ago, Kay24 said:

Thanks. I just want to reassure op that it takes time more than anything else. I know there can be anxious excitement right after treatment and results won't be there until months down the line

My last treatment was in December so I'm going into the 6th month from the final session. I don't expect anymore progress from this set of treatments

Thanks! I don™t expect results either as previously mentioned. I know it takes time. I just WISH it didn™t, as I think we all do. i would be lying if I said it was easy to just pretend it doesn™t suck to see my face pitted again. 

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

I know you want to be done away with those scars but, as I mentioned earlier, it would be premature to jump to conclusion so soon. Your collagen is still being made so let's see how it looks in 3 months time from your most recent treatment.

Before I share my opinion about treatments, I think it's worth going over how the scars change over time. With each treatment, the scars will change their form. They tend to get wider but shallower. Rarely do you see a deep scar disappear with one treatment. Depending on the size (width and depth) of the scar, an icepick scar will usually turn into a boxcar, and a boxcar scar will morph into a rolling scar.

That said, I don't think subcision is a good fit. Your scars were never that deep to begin with. Infini is definitely better than subcision, but does the hefty price tag outweigh the benefit? Not in my opinion. I've personally had 3 sessions of Infini and I'm not convinced that I got my money's worth.

If it were me, I would not be so concerned about filling the pit so much. Instead, I would focus all my attention in smoothing the edges. After all, that is what's accentuating the scar, eg. light bouncing off the scar walls. Just blurring it even a little will make your scar look much better. You can do this with TCA or Phenol. I basically apply 80-100% in the pit and 50% around the edges. But this could also be alternated between two session, one for cross and one or peel. Whatever works. Once the edges become smooth, all you need to do is add volume to the depressed area using dermal filler. I hope that make sense

Again.. I am aware it takes time for collagen to rebuild. I literally said that in my post. 
also, the person asking the question isn™t me (OP) and those are pictures of my scars. 

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 06/12/2020 12:08 am

Multiple subcisions are required so dont lose hope! Its frustrating but worth it. Maybe next time try doing skin booster filler be restalyn all over the area since its shallow but widespread scars. People might need up to 8 subcision so just prepare for realistic number of treatments for improvement. I have had 4 and have way better results than my first one, and plan on getting 4 more since my scars tend to retry her and I also have wide spread scarring so its hard to get every scar at once. I feel like Ive seen Korea has good doctors since they are big on aesthetics, and subcision filler arent too niche so I dont think moving there will be an issue! I would start researching doctors to get future treatments there.

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 06/12/2020 8:20 am

8 hours ago, hlp334 said:

Multiple subcisions are required so dont lose hope! Its frustrating but worth it. Maybe next time try doing skin booster filler be restalyn all over the area since its shallow but widespread scars. People might need up to 8 subcision so just prepare for realistic number of treatments for improvement. I have had 4 and have way better results than my first one, and plan on getting 4 more since my scars tend to retry her and I also have wide spread scarring so its hard to get every scar at once. I feel like Ive seen Korea has good doctors since they are big on aesthetics, and subcision filler arent too niche so I dont think moving there will be an issue! I would start researching doctors to get future treatments there.

Dr weiner said he doesnt want to do any more subcision or filler and that I would only need one.

I did have filler put in as well!

apparently korea is cheaper as well. I just have to figure out the areas and see.

hopingto find out this week where we will be living. Fingers crossed.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/12/2020 10:46 am

23 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

Not sure how I feel. Not sure if I notice differences still. I know collagen takes time so this isnt the end result but definitely feeling discouraged.

3 weeks post procedure.

First 2 months I looked worse, 3rd month i started to see a diff., now its 3 months and 12 days from my Genius RF and Subcision and its looking a lot better, my skin has improved a lot, i can see every day its slightly improving, the lifting is real with this. I understand everyone heals differently but this is my experience so far.

I booked my second treatment 3 months after first on2nd june , of course cause of this Covid situation i had to cancel it, but now I am glad , I feel I need 4 months break, I still feel theres something going on in my skin, so I dont wanna destroy my progress. I ll go sometimein summer if possible. Same as moderator BA i believe it needs to be spaced and you should let your skin heal.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 06/12/2020 7:24 pm

11 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

Dr weiner said he doesnt want to do any more subcision or filler and that I would only need one.

I did have filler put in as well!

apparently korea is cheaper as well. I just have to figure out the areas and see.

hopingto find out this week where we will be living. Fingers crossed.

Realistically with widespread scarring its hard to get filler under every scar so re tethering is highly likely. Filler can also dissolve and move. Im letting you know because Ive been told similar things by doctors that I wouldnt need more than one and if I listened I would not be satisfied with my results. They never think my scars are tethered until they go to do the subcision and feel the resistance. Of course your case could be different, but I wouldnt rule it out yet.

Its hard becausedoctors dont have a full grasp of the retethering process sincethey dont solely dedicate research toacne scarring so we cant expect them to know everything. This forum is great because it includes first hand experiences and people who research endlessly to improve their own skin, so they have more dedication towards it.

Like others have said its best to wait 3 months between treatments and some have said on here not doing so can disrupt the collagen process.

Hilalela liked
MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 06/12/2020 8:24 pm

You have similar scars to me, wide spread rolling scars are some of the hardest scars to treat. My left check is very similar to yours so interested in your progress and journey.

Three months seems to be the standard time to wait between treatments because of the collagen process. Ive done four weeks in between treatments and six weeks as well. I get too impatient sometimes lol.

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 06/12/2020 8:42 pm

Many on here say that acne scar revision is a 3-year journey, and you mustwait 3 months in between treatments. However,dr Davin Limon his website says that acne scar revision takes only 2-14 months. He has alsotreated patientson a 2-month basis, not 3 months.And I know hes a pro and should know his stuff. Besides patient testimonial, where is the evidence that you need to wait three months?
Here is a linkto his website and a link to a YouTube video where Dr. Lim says the above.Refer to thelast bullet point on the Facts About Acne Scar Revision and minute 5:53 in the YouTube video.
MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 06/12/2020 8:55 pm

9 minutes ago, squeezeMcQueen said:
Many on here say that acne scar revision is a 3-year journey, and you mustwait 3 months in between treatments. However,dr Davin Limon his website says that acne scar revision takes only 2-14 months. He has alsotreated patientson a 2-month basis, not 3 months.And I know hes a pro and should know his stuff. Besides patient testimonial, where is the evidence that you need to wait three months?
Here is a linkto his website and a link to a YouTube video where Dr. Lim says the above.Refer to thelast bullet point on the Facts About Acne Scar Revision and minute 5:53 in the YouTube video.

Ive seen him and hes asked me to come back every three months later for further treatmentso its case by case same with the 14 month estimate. Severe to extremescarring will most likely go beyond three years, which I have been undergoing scar treatmentsince 2016-2017.

Moderate scarring and less invasive procedures probably will fall within those estimates that hes talking about.

Hilalela liked
MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 06/14/2020 10:25 am

Well thankfully my husband got some class assignments prior to us moving.No exactorders but it does narrow down our location and time frame. Looks like well be in either Georgia or Texas in January ish.Ill be able to push back my next treatment to some time in August now that Ill be here longer than expected.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/28/2020 3:10 pm

Any updates ?