Notifications
Clear all

My Journey with Dr. Weiner

MemberMember
(@jkatakozinos1gmail-com)

Posted : 06/30/2020 9:40 pm

Ask this on another forum. How do you contact Dr. Weiner directly and get his email?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/01/2020 2:51 pm

17 hours ago, RickeyDog1212 said:

Ask this on another forum. How do you contact Dr. Weiner directly and get his email?

CONTACT INFORMATION

The Aesthetic Clinique

phone: (850) 622-1214

e-mail: [email protected]

Usually inquiriesare handled by the assistant. But give it a shot anyway.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/03/2020 2:40 am

My criticism of Weiner is that he does the subcision way too fast. Less the a minute on each cheek.

I performed a subcision on a friend and was amazed that the cannula would go in between a scar (like cutting a circle in the middle). It took me several tries and angles to completely subcise one scar. So the speed at which he's doing it, no way he's getting everything.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:00 PM, Kay24 said:

I looked so much worse for the first couple months after Genius RF. It was difficult to say the least.

My results didn't start until 3 months in and didn't "end" as in no more visible changes until 9 months after the first procedure. RF microneedling is a long haul procedure, it will never yield immediate results like other procedures. I never got subcision or fillers so that's not something I can speak on. You're counting on your body to do the work with RF, so don't stress, keep your diet well, use a retinol to boost your production and keep faith.

I did mine every 6-8 weeks. I know 12 weeks might be ideal but I couldn't wait that long given restrictions in the timeframe I needed to take off work. If timeframe is a restriction I would just proceed forward. I know here on the board we think stacking treatments too close isn't the proper way to allow for the greatest collagen production. I mentioned that concern to my plastic surgeon and he simply disagreed. He believes, in a much more eloquent manner, that hitting your skin with another round while the last is still healing actually increases production. He wasn't in a rush so it has nothing to do with some petty surgeon trying to squeeze you faster. He actually sent me away for weeks when I first showed up to just work on my skincare before starting anything. I don't know, all I know is he knows and I got results. I would just stick to you doctor's orders and extend it to 7/8 weeks if possible to find a balance between the two theories.

When they did that study on standard microneedling and tca peels they were doing procedures every two weeks and getting results. I know we're talking energy devices so it's different but there is something to the theory of proceeding forward even when the skin is healing. I don't think every 6-8 weeks will hinder results to a great degree.

Edit: I don't know about every 4 weeks though. That does seem like too short a window. I would wait 6 at a minimum.

Who did your genius? And do you know the numbers he used

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 07/03/2020 5:26 pm

Youre doing it yourself? With what? Do they not feel pain/how do you know its going in the right layer?

Sorry for all the questions I just dont get how it can be performed by a non doctor.

My experience with subcision was not rushed but almost every doctor Ive researched doesnt fully understand the importance of full and frequent subcisions for the scar process.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/05/2020 10:41 pm

On 7/3/2020 at 5:26 PM, hlp334 said:

Youre doing it yourself? With what? Do they not feel pain/how do you know its going in the right layer?

Sorry for all the questions I just dont get how it can be performed by a non doctor.

My experience with subcision was not rushed but almost every doctor Ive researched doesnt fully understand the importance of full and frequent subcisions for the scar process.

Only the insertion hurts. Once the needle is inside you don't feel anything. No nerves.

I used 18g cannula which was smaller than many of his scars and it only subcised where it touched. Like painting a wall, unless your brush is the size of the wall you'd have to go over it many times.

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 07/06/2020 1:47 am

Jesus. People are straight risk takers in this forum

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 07/08/2020 8:56 pm

On 7/3/2020 at 3:40 AM, dirigo39 said:

My criticism of Weiner is that he does the subcision way too fast. Less the a minute on each cheek.

How do you know this? Were you a patient of his?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/09/2020 8:34 pm

23 hours ago, Urbanite said:

How do you know this? Were you a patient of his?

Yes

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/06/2020 10:00 pm

Hi friends! I™m back with some updated photos. Figured I would give it some time to heal a bit. 

im headed back to see dr. Weiner mid month for my second treatment of genius and TCA cross only. 

CCDDC048-8D88-43BD-AAAB-88FEBFE68745.jpeg

643F4B7A-713C-436C-BE50-EFCE014F4B4B.jpeg

Also here are some comparison photos. 

E4919BA5-BE78-4408-92DF-5CD20FEE94FE.jpeg

BB17FDF4-3570-493F-8749-0F2F9182E0AF.jpeg

On 7/3/2020 at 2:40 AM, dirigo39 said:

I performed a subcision on a friend and was amazed that the cannula would go in between a scar (like cutting a circle in the middle). It took me several tries and angles to completely subcise one scar. So the speed at which he's doing it, no way he's getting everything.

Who did your genius? And do you know the numbers he used

I™m not even addressing the comparison between you and a doctor who does it often. 

however, I don™t feel that he rushed at all. He did an ultrasound of my scars to see their depths. Which also assisted in the genius settings. 

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 08/06/2020 11:25 pm

1 hour ago, Kristineellen said:

Hi friends! I™m back with some updated photos. Figured I would give it some time to heal a bit. 

im headed back to see dr. Weiner mid month for my second treatment of genius and TCA cross only. 

CCDDC048-8D88-43BD-AAAB-88FEBFE68745.jpeg

643F4B7A-713C-436C-BE50-EFCE014F4B4B.jpeg

Also here are some comparison photos. 

E4919BA5-BE78-4408-92DF-5CD20FEE94FE.jpeg

BB17FDF4-3570-493F-8749-0F2F9182E0AF.jpeg

I™m not even addressing the comparison between you and a doctor who does it often. 

however, I don™t feel that he rushed at all. He did an ultrasound of my scars to see their depths. Which also assisted in the genius settings. 

I went to Dr. Rullan this month. So I'm able to make a comparison between two docs who do it often, and it still stands Dr. Weiner was rushed. 

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/07/2020 8:08 am

8 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

I went to Dr. Rullan this month. So I'm able to make a comparison between two docs who do it often, and it still stands Dr. Weiner was rushed.

Well Im Glad you were able to find a doc that you feel comfortable with. I hope you get the results you want!

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/18/2020 5:32 pm

Headed back tomorrow! The genius was super painful for me so Im not looking forward to that but got to get it done

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/19/2020 7:44 pm

Not as red this time around. Still swollen. TCA cross and genius only. 

I seriously haaaate doing the genius. I did not expect it to be as painful as it is. I™m also a weenie when it comes to pain but I dread going one more time. 

61DD6E92-186C-48A2-9172-3ABDF1A5BFEE.jpeg

2F1024CA-EC81-4428-ABCC-5D3E86FCAB21.jpeg

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/20/2020 9:39 am

13 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

Not as red this time around. Still swollen. TCA crossand genius only.

I seriously haaaate doing the genius. I did not expect it to be as painful as it is. Im also a weenie when it comes to pain but I dread going one more time.

Well I am very tolerant to the pain ( dont know if this is correct term in english ) and i even done 3 times subcision without pain killers or anestesia, but still Genius RF even with Emla numbing cream gave me pain as hell, especially forehead, its really painfull :-).

Things we do for love ehm i mean for beauty :-).

Wish u all the best with recovery and wish u have the results u want.

May I ask u ? What about TCA ? Did it work for your icepick acne scars ?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/20/2020 9:44 am

13 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

Not as red this time around. Still swollen. TCA cross and genius only. 

I seriously haaaate doing the genius. I did not expect it to be as painful as it is. I™m also a weenie when it comes to pain but I dread going one more time. 

Thank you for sharing your pictures/journey with us! 

Infini was the most painful treatment I've ever done. During the second time, I needed Pro-Nox which really helped. It's not just you! :) 
My plastic surgeon who did Infini on me said that a month between RF microneedling treatments is fine. His reasoning was that it continues the "momentum." After reading everything on this forum, I would be cautious and allow for more healing in between. He is a good surgeon but he's not a scar expert and he has that typical demeanor of just reciting whatever the device company writes.

I'm hoping Genius gives you good results! You definitely need multiple rounds of subcision. I'm not sure how good Dr. Weiner is but unfortunately there aren't many doctors who do this procedure. I had it done once by Dr. Rullan and he definitely seems like he's thorough. 

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/20/2020 5:15 pm

9 hours ago, Miro said:

Well I am very tolerant to the pain ( dont know if this is correct term in english ) and i even done 3 times subcision without pain killers or anestesia, but still Genius RF even with Emla numbing cream gave me pain as hell, especially forehead, its really painfull :-).

Things we do for love ehm i mean for beauty :-).

Wish u all the best with recovery and wish u have the results u want.

May I ask u ? What about TCA ? Did it work for your icepick acne scars ?

Truthfully I have such a hard time distinguishing the difference between all the scars. So I don™t even really know where he did them until the next day and I don™t know how to identify them before hand to see if it™s worked. But yes. The genius literally makes me die inside. LOL I™m glad to hear that it™s not just me. I was sweating

9 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Thank you for sharing your pictures/journey with us! 

Infini was the most painful treatment I've ever done. During the second time, I needed Pro-Nox which really helped. It's not just you! :) 
My plastic surgeon who did Infini on me said that a month between RF microneedling treatments is fine. His reasoning was that it continues the "momentum." After reading everything on this forum, I would be cautious and allow for more healing in between. He is a good surgeon but he's not a scar expert and he has that typical demeanor of just reciting whatever the device company writes.

I'm hoping Genius gives you good results! You definitely need multiple rounds of subcision. I'm not sure how good Dr. Weiner is but unfortunately there aren't many doctors who do this procedure. I had it done once by Dr. Rullan and he definitely seems like he's thorough. 

Yes I have waited three months. I™m going to see how I heal from this one and what the improvements are and then decide if I™m going to do a third one in December before we leave for Texas. 

When he went in with the sub scission the first time, he said that there wasn™t much tethering all over, and that he didn™t feel that I needed to do another round. I™m going to trust in what he says. Dr. Weiner is definitely at the top acne scars, IMO. He also said that my stars look worse on camera than they do in person.

guess we will see how the second session goes! I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that literally hates the genius. lol

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/21/2020 12:34 am

7 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

Truthfully I have such a hard time distinguishing the difference between all the scars. So I dont even really know where he did them until the next day and I dont know how to identify them before hand to see if its worked. But yes. The genius literally makes me die inside. LOL Im glad to hear that its not just me. I was sweating

Yes I have waited three months. Im going to see how I heal from this one and what the improvements are and then decide if Im going to do a third one in December before we leave for Texas.

When he went in with the sub scission the first time, he said that there wasnt much tethering all over, and that he didnt feel that I needed to do another round. Im going to trust in what he says. Dr. Weiner is definitely at the top acne scars, IMO. He also said that my stars look worse on camera than they do in person.

guess we will see how the second session goes! I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that literally hates the genius. lol

I saw several videos on YouTube in which the patients said that the RF microneedling pain wasn't that much. Not sure if they have no nerves or if they were just trying to look good on camera. That stuff is horribly painful! The recovery is also LONG. I hate that doctors say recovery is 3-4 days. UGH... more like 7-10 days.

Have you looked into doing microneedling yourself? The Derminator 2 is a device talked about on here occasionally. In the long run, it's very economical. As far as efficacy... you'd have to read posts here and expect no guarantees. Combining this with TCA peels may offer some improvement but it will take a while.

Of course, lasers can help but I'm sure you can figure out the risks/benefits by browsing this forum. You have fair skin so it's a little safer for you.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/21/2020 2:13 am

1 hour ago, Amanda Hall said:

I saw several videos on YouTube in which the patients said that the RF microneedling pain wasn't that much. Not sure if they have no nerves or if they were just trying to look good on camera. That stuff is horribly painful! The recovery is also LONG. I hate that doctors say recovery is 3-4 days. UGH... more like 7-10 days.

Absolutly, cant agree more, painfull as hell :-), however that doesnt bother me , important are the results but its painfull, also recovery, up to 7 days in my case, and I had problem with red chins 2 weeks and 4 weeks , under eyes 2 weeks.

However compared to laser, there are practicaly no sun restrictions, after laser you cant go on sun for 6 months and you have to use 50 SPF all the time.

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 08/21/2020 2:46 am

Following...Please keep the updates coming!!

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/21/2020 9:34 am

8 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Have you looked into doing microneedling yourself? The Derminator 2 is a device talked about on here occasionally. In the long run, it's very economical. As far as efficacy... you'd have to read posts here and expect no guarantees. Combining this with TCA peels may offer some improvement but it will take a while.

Of course, lasers can help but I'm sure you can figure out the risks/benefits by browsing this forum. You have fair skin so it's a little safer for you.

I had regular microneedling done.. just at by anaesthetician and it did absolutely nothing. Was way less painful though! Lol

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/21/2020 10:34 am

Doing pretty good! Clindamycin twice a day. Feels Like I™m healing from the redness a ton faster. Probably because I don™t have the subcision irritation as well! The TCA locations are a lot more obvious this time around. 

10FC6690-6BA2-4437-9E28-DAE03AD1072E.jpeg

41C88D54-F529-4730-B0EF-7BABDCAF93E0.jpeg

A136D16F-574D-4ED6-97F1-838D9FB325EA.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 08/21/2020 11:44 am

Doing pretty good! Clindamycin twice a day. Feels Like I™m healing from the redness a ton faster. Probably because I don™t have the subcision irritation as well! The TCA locations are a lot more obvious this time around. 

10FC6690-6BA2-4437-9E28-DAE03AD1072E.jpeg

41C88D54-F529-4730-B0EF-7BABDCAF93E0.jpeg

A136D16F-574D-4ED6-97F1-838D9FB325EA.jpeg

Looks really good . What TCA percentage was used ?? Looks really Great. 

I also just had infini RF done 2 weeks before , and it looks better !!! 

All the best for fast healing ¤ï¸

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 08/21/2020 12:34 pm

48 minutes ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

Looks really good . What TCA percentage was used ?? Looks really Great.

I also just had infini RF done 2 weeks before , and it looks better !!!

All the best for fast healing

Im not exactly sure. I looked on my online portal and it said 80%? Lol! I have my genius settings thoigh!

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/21/2020 2:15 pm

Im not exactly sure. I looked on my online portal and it said 80%? Lol! I have my genius settings thoigh!

Subcision was the easiest majortreatment I've recovered from. I was extremely swollen the first day but I could have gone back to work the next day. I would have been too embarrassed to leave the house the next day withmicroneedling, laser, TCA/Phenol Cross.

I think adeep Erbium or fractional CO2 laser treatment would help since you have fair skin. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this.

MemberMember
(@jullia-arnoldgmail-com)

Posted : 08/21/2020 2:32 pm

23 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

Subcision was the easiest majortreatment I've recovered from. I was extremely swollen the first day but I could have gone back to work the next day. I would have been too embarrassed to leave the house the next day withmicroneedling, laser, TCA/Phenol Cross.

I think adeep Erbium or fractional CO2 laser treatment would help since you have fair skin. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this.

Hi, did you have the cannula subcision? It's pretty good, isn't it? I recover pretty quickly as well - 4-5 days, no bruising.I'm also interested in those lasers since I have fair skin as well. Do you have good experience with any of them?