Notifications
Clear all

Malassezia Folliculitis

MemberMember
(@legitness)

Posted : 07/06/2016 11:14 pm

Greetings, I have tiny bumps that look very similar to acne although it's not based on my visuals and attempting to popping them. To recap how this occurred, it occurred back when I had a bad cough that Promethazine w/ Codine and Amoxicillin won't eliminate the cough at all. So my PCP prescribed Methyprednisolone  4MG Dose pack. It significantly reduces my cough and I asked for a second pack. After the second pack my left side of the neck started to grow acne then it turned dark and it grew rapidly in the area. When I told my PCP (Nurse Practitioner about it, she prescribed Minocycline, Clindamycin and Triamcinolone for the acne and rash. After it didn't go away so my PCP thought it was an allergic reaction to something so he gave me Prednisone. When I finally visit a dermatologist he said take minocycline only and no steroids. After 3 Pills, my face was severely growing acne-like eruptions on my face and neck and my body was weak muscles were sore. I stopped all medications and 3 months later I'm significantly better although I have some dark spots that are damaged by it. My jawline has acne but when I scratch it, it has a hive like appearance. It also happens at the temple eyebrow area as well. Lately, my intestines fell bloated and has a gas feeling. Stool is somewhat different than normal. Nevertheless, I have weird nausea and gagging but no actual vomiting. I also have small blackheads as well. I heard taking probiotics is a good choice I was curious about it? Also, I heard Ketoconazole Oral Form is not good due FDA liver issues. Bare in mind I have used Ketoconazole Cream and Shampoo and Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Wash. I need help to end this condition please thank you!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/07/2016 4:08 pm

Try metrogel or topical antifungal. Take oral garlic tabs and caprylic acid. Talk to your Dr about flagyl or sporonax if that doesn't help.

MemberMember
(@nicole_ca)

Posted : 09/14/2017 5:20 pm

Curious if you ever found a treatment that worked? After 20 days of antibiotics followed by 10 days of prednisone 7 months ago I've been battling this as well. It's spread from my chest and back to my neck and face like yours and oral fluconazole hasn't done a thing! If you happen to still be around I'd live to hear an update. Topicals like selsun blue and Nizoral are also supposed to help all though they just made me dry and red.

MemberMember
(@28heythere)

Posted : 04/11/2020 3:11 pm

Dealing with this now after a course of doxycycline... any help????... depression kills!

MemberMember
(@28heythere)

Posted : 04/16/2020 3:40 pm

On 9/14/2017 at 5:20 PM, Nicole_CA said:

Curious if you ever found a treatment that worked? After 20 days of antibiotics followed by 10 days of prednisone 7 months ago I've been battling this as well. It's spread from my chest and back to my neck and face like yours and oral fluconazole hasn't done a thing! If you happen to still be around I'd live to hear an update. Topicals like selsun blue and Nizoral are also supposed to help all though they just made me dry and red.

I need. Help too.., did you seek any??